Matthew James Henry aka Matt Henry is now considered as one of the best right-arm fast bowlers of the current New Zealand Squad. Besides appearing for his country, he also represents Canterbury in first-class cricket. He recently awarded a new contract for the ongoing 2018-19 season and has also earned his place in the 2019 ICC World Cup squad of the All Blacks. Here goes his full biography, personal life details, net worth, and many more.
|Full name||Matthew James Henry|
Physical Statistics and More
|Height||In Feet – 6’2’’ inches.|
Meters – 1.88 m.
Centimeter – 188 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms – 82 kg|
In pounds – 180 lbs.
Matt Henry’s Career Records
|International Debut||– T20 – New Zealand v Pakistan at Dubai, Dec 4, 2014|
– ODI – New Zealand v India at Wellington, Jan 31, 2014
– Test – England v New Zealand at Lord’s, May 21-25, 2015
|Last Matches played||– T20 – New Zealand v Bangladesh at Napier, Jan 3, 2017|
– ODI – New Zealand v Bangladesh at Christchurch, Feb 16, 2019
– Test – New Zealand v Bangladesh at Wellington, Mar 8-12, 2019
|Jersey Number||21 – New Zealand|
|Domestic/State team||New Zealand, Canterbury, Canterbury Under-17s, Canterbury Under-19s, Chennai Super Kings, Derbyshire, Kings XI Punjab, New Zealand A|
|Records||– Henry showed serious pace and took the two early wickets of David Warner and Michael Clarke.|
– He batted with Jimmy Neesham to set the record, the highest 9th wicket partnership for New Zealand in ODIs, against India in 2016.
|Career Turn||When coach Mike Hesson told him to pack his bags and join the New Zealand squad in Auckland as cover for the injured Adam Milne.|
|Batting Style||Right-hand batsmen|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast medium|
|Date of birth||14 December 1991|
|Birth Place||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|School||St Joseph’s School in Papanui|
|College||St Bede’s College in Christchurch|
|Family||Father – Jeff Henry|
Mother – Lyn Henry
Brother – Ken Henry
Sister – Nil
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Net worth||$8 Million (Approx.)|
Some Interesting facts about Matt Henry
- Initially omitted from New Zealand’s squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 but then played both the semi-final and final after Adam Milne’s Injury.
- Henry left the IPL and was awarded a test debut, on May 21 as only 15 other New Zealanders had done before their maiden appearance.
- He is the only New Zealander to play in a World Cup final and make his test debut at Lord’s, all within 54 days.