New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman Thomas Ackland Blundell, famously known as Tom Blundell, has recently earned his place in the 2019 ICC World Cup Squad of the All Blacks. Besides representing his nation, he also appears for the Wellington cricket club in first-club matches. Here goes his full biography, personal life details, net worth, awards, and many more.
|Full name||Thomas Ackland Blundell|
Physical Statistics and More
Tom Blundell’s Career Records
|International Debut||– T20 – New Zealand v Bangladesh at Mount Maunganui, Jan 8, 2017|
– ODI – Not yet debuted in ODIs.
– Test – New Zealand v West Indies at Wellington, Dec 1-4, 2017
|Last Matches played||– T20 – New Zealand v West Indies at Hamilton, Dec 9-12, 2017|
– ODI – No matches played till now.
– Test – New Zealand v West Indies at Hamilton, Dec 9-12, 2017
|Jersey Number||28 – New Zealand|
28 – Domestics team
|Domestic/State team||New Zealand, New Zealand Under-19s, Wellington, Wellington A, Wellington Under-19s|
|Records||– He scored 107 not out, the highest Test score by a New Zealand wicket-keeper on debut.|
– He also became the first wicket-keeper since Matt Prior in 2007 to score a century on Test debut.
|Career Turn||Blundell was named in New Zealand’s squad for the 2010 Under-19 Cricket World Cup, playing in one game, and then debuted in a first-class game in 2013.|
|Bowling Style||Right-hand off-break|
|Date of birth||1st September 1990|
|Family||Father – N/A|
Mother – N/A
Brother – N/A
Sister – N/A
Uncle – N/A
Some Interesting facts about Tom Blundell
- He doesn’t smoke but drinks alcohol sometimes.
- In 2017 Tom Blundell was picked in New Zealand One day International against Australia but didn’t have a chance to play.
- He is one of the surprises pick to ICC for World Cup 2019.
- He was one of twenty players to be awarded a new contract for the 2019–20 season by New Zealand Cricket.